Win Money While Playing Online Bingo
At the beginning of the game each player is given a Bingo Card, also called the Ticket, printed with a set of numbers. There is a game host, also known as the caller, who picks out a ball randomly from a number of balls in a container.
The balls have a number printed on them, corresponding to the set of numbers printed on the cards. The player has to match the numbers on their cards with the numbers on the balls that are drawn.
If the player is successful in matching the numbers on their cards in a specific format, they win the game. In the online variation, the player does not have to mark the cards on their own as the software does it for them. The player just has to select the right cards and hope for the best.
If you want to try your luck with Bingo, read the short guide to master the game.
History of Bingo
The game of Bingo started in the 16th century Italy, where a lot of people had started taking interest in playing the lottery. Then it spread to France where it was called ‘Le Lotto’. In the 18th century, it spread to the rest of the world and became the most commonly played game of probability.
What is Online Bingo?
Online Bingo is very similar to the actual game, the only difference being that you have to play the game over the internet. In earlier days, people had to go to different places called Bingo halls where Bingo was played but with the recent development in technology, now a person can join the Bingo halls through the internet.
There are many online Bingo websites where Bingo is played actively and you can join them for a meagre amount of money. Instead of normal balls, there is a random number generator which shows a new number at every turn. Bingo is compatible with all kinds of devices like desktops, laptops, smartphones or tablets.
The Bingo websites and apps have an easy to use interface and any person can be an expert after playing for a few turns.
Different Varieties of Bingo
Although Bingo is a very simple game, it can be played in many ways. There are different varieties of Bingo depending on the number of balls used. Let’s take a look at the types of Bingo that are commonly played.
- 30 Ball Bingo: This variant of Bingo is also known as ‘Speed Bingo’ because you play with just 30 balls and the entire round takes just a few minutes making it the perfect type for busy people who play Bingo while travelling.
The Bingo Cards have a 3 x3 grid filled with 9 numbers ranging from 1 to 30. The player has to mark off all the numbers in their card to win. Since there are very few balls, you can win the round easily and claim a prize.
- 75 Ball Bingo: This type of Bingo is more common among the residents of Canada and The United States. There are a total of 75 balls marked with numbers ranging from 1 to 75. The Bingo Card has a 5×5 grid consisting of 24 numbers written on them. The middle square has one free space and in some cases a star. You can use the free space as any number. The objective of this variant of Bingo is to check off a full row or column of numbers in a line, horizontally, vertically, or even diagonally. The moment you have a line checked off, you win the round.
- 80 Ball Bingo: This is the most common type of Online Bingo, being played all over the world at every moment. There is a 4×4 grid card which has a total of 16 numbers printed on them. There are a lot of patterns used for winning the 80 Ball Bingo like the 4 corners, horizontal lines, vertical lines and even single numbers.
To win the game, a player has to mark off a complete row in a pattern given in the card.
- 90 Ball Bingo: This type of Bingo is played all over the world but it has the most popularity in the United Kingdom. There are a total of 90 balls in the game so it is a very engrossing variant where there is a lot of scope of winning.
The Bingo Card has 3 rows and columns with 5 numbers printed in each of the rows, so there are a total of 15 numbers on the card.
This variant can have a total of 3 winners in every round. The first player who can mark a complete horizontal row wins the first prize. The second player who can get two full horizontal rows of numbers marked off wins the second prize. But the grand prize goes to the person who can mark off all the numbers on their card. So even if you do not get the correct numbers at the beginning, there are plenty of scopes to win the grand prize if you stick with the game.
Different Terms used in Bingo
Bingo is a simple game of numbers and probability but there are a lot of terms which can be confusing for a beginner. So here is a comprehensive list of all the commonly used terms that you need to know for playing Bingo.
- Bingo Card: This is the square card that the player gets at the starting of the game. The number of grids differs according to the variant of Bingo that is being played. Each grid has a random number marked on it. The player has to check off the numbers on the Bingo Card if it matches with the numbers on the ball that is being drawn out.
In the online version, the player does not have to mark the numbers on their own as the application takes care of it.
- Admission Packet: The admission packet is the minimum number of cards that the player has to buy to take part in the game. In the online version sometimes the player can buy just one card to participate in the game. The price of the admission packet varies according to the type of Bingo that is being played and also on the Bingo halls.
- Bingo Ball: The Bingo Ball is a ball that is printed with the numbers corresponding to the numbers on the Bingo Card.
- Blower: The Blower is the device that dispenses the Bingo Balls using air pressure built up in the device. In the online version, there is a digital machine which does the same work.
- Bingo Board: The Bingo Board also known as the Flashboard is a digital board which lights up the numbers corresponding to the numbers that are printed on the balls that are drawn. The player has to keep a sharp eye on the board to mark off the numbers in their Bingo Cards. In the online version, the player does not have to be very attentive as the numbers are automatically marked off on their cards.
- Blackout: In Bingo terminology, blackout is a specific pattern of playing where the player has to mark off all the numbers in the card to win. This is the harder version of the game and is usually played by professionals.
- Caller: Every Bingo game has a caller who calls out the numbers that are printed on the balls that are drawn. In online Bingo, a machine takes care of announcing the numbers.
- Free Space: In the traditional game of Bingo, the Bingo Card has empty space at the centre of the card and it does not have any number printed on it. The player can use the free space as any number which helps you in winning the round.
- Jackpot: The grand prize that a player gets for marking off a difficult pattern or in some cases all the squares is called the Jackpot.
- Money Ball: A money ball is a lucky number that is drawn before the game starts. If Bingo is hit on that number, it doubles the player’s winnings instantly.
- Pattern: The pattern is the shape you need to mark off on your Bingo Card according to the numbers that are called out by the caller to win the game. Most Bingo games have horizontal, vertical or diagonal patterns in a straight line. You just need to mark off the numbers that fit the pattern.
Guidelines for Playing Online Bingo Like a Professional
Even though Bingo is a simple game, there are a lot of guidelines which you can follow to master the game. Here is a short list about how to play Bingo like a professional.
The first thing that you need to decide before playing online Bingo is which website you want to play in. There are a lot of online websites where you can join the Bingo halls for very little money. You should always check the type of Bingo that is being played like the 75 Ball Bingo or the 80 Ball Bingo because they have a different set of patterns which you need to mark off.
- After you have chosen an online website, the first thing that you should do is switch on the Auto-play option. The auto-play option allows the website to mark off the numbers on your Bingo Card as they are called out. In this way, you will not miss any number if you are not focused on the game.
- There is another option called the Best Card Sorting. If you switch it on, then you will see the most probable winning cards at the top of the screen. Your computer does a probability test and shows you which card has the most probability to win. If you are a beginner, then this option will help you a lot in predicting the winning cards.
- There is also another setting called the Best Card Highlight which tells your computer to highlight the cards that are close to a win. This option will help you in the long run by helping you buy the winning cards.
How to Win Money in Online Bingo?
Some online Bingo rooms allow the players to play for experience and not for money. If you are a beginner then it is recommended that you play a few times without money. Then after you have mastered the basics of the game, choose a website where you have to play for money.
The total sum of money you can win in a Bingo game varies according to the different rooms. It generally depends on the cost of the cards that you have to buy at the beginning. When more and more people start joining the game, the Jackpot money increases considerably.
Some websites offer a progressive prize which means that if none of the players can mark off the necessary pattern, the prize money rolls on to the next game and continues to grow until someone wins the game.
In some online Bingo playing websites, even if you do not manage to mark off all the necessary patterns, they offer a consolation prize. So there is no chance of you losing money on these websites.
Thus you can see that Online Bingo is a very easy game where you have to do almost nothing to win a lot of money.
However, you should not start playing Bingo on websites that have a high card price as you should always have some experience before you start playing the big games for more money.
Always choose a website that has low-cost cards so that you can master the basics of the game. In this way, you can steadily rise to the top without having to worry about losing a lot of money in the game. So you have learned all you need to play Online Bingo like a professional and all that is left to do is choose a good website and start playing it to win a lot of money.