What Is Blackjack?
Blackjack or 21 is a casino table game that compares the values of the cards of the player with that of the dealer to find the winner. This is the most popular banking game played in casinos around the world. Many online sites now offer casino games including blackjack. It is played using a deck of 52 cards and each card has a certain value. As a player, you need to beat the dealer by getting a hand close to the value 21. If your total adds up to more than 21, then you are out of the game.
You need some luck and good skill to play this game. There are different variations of the game available from online casinos in India as well. Online blackjack games are very exciting as the player can use the bonuses offered by the casino to win the game. Whether you are a veteran or a beginner you can enjoy this game any time you want by opting for online blackjack games. You can opt for the live option or for a multi-hand option or tournament depending on your skill and interest.
Physical casinos are illegal according to the Public Gambling act in India. However, there are no present federal rules that prohibit people from playing games online. Any top line casinos online will offer different variants of blackjack with different rules and regulations. It is necessary for the player to make themselves familiar with the blackjack rules and regulations of the game before trying their hand at online blackjack games.
In classic blackjack, the players and the dealer get 2 cards each and can draw additional cards if required. You are allowed to draw cards until you go bust. You can make the “Hit me” command if you wish to draw a card. If you wish to stop before getting 21, you can stand. When you stand, the dealer has to draw a card for himself and if he goes bust, you win the round. However, the common rule for playing the game is as follows,
- Each card from 2 to 10 comes with the point value on the card.
- All face cards, king, queen and jack have 10 points each.
- All face cards are considered as pairs and hence the player can opt to split.
- The Ace card can have a value of 1 or 11 depending on the hand you have.
- You win the game if your hand value is more than the hand value of the dealer or the house.
- You will win the game if the dealer draws the cards with a hand value of more than 21.
- You will win the game if the first two cards drawn by you have a hand value of 21 and the dealer fails to get 21 in the first two cards drawn by them.
- You will lose the game if you have a hand value more than 2.
- You will lose the game if the hand value of the dealer is more than your hand value.
- When the dealer and the player get the same hand value, then the result is called a push and the players will receive their wager back.
- The player can opt for the doubling down option after dealing the first two cards if they are in a winning situation. Your initial betting amount gets doubled when you opt for this.
- When you have 2 similar cards it is called a pair and you can opt for splitting these cards into two different hands by wagering the same amount as in your first bet. You will receive one additional card for each split hand.
If you know these basic rules of this game, it will be easy for you to play your blackjack game. If you are a novice to blackjack games, it is safe to try the classic blackjack before trying other complicated versions like Pontoon.
How to Play Blackjack?
Once the player decides to play blackjack, find a table at the casino to place the bet. You can play as a single-player or can team up with other players to play against the dealer. You can place a bet on any of the denominations available with the casino. After the bets are placed the dealer will give two cards to each player and for himself. One of them will be kept face up and the other face down.
The dealer offers insurance to the players if the face-up is an Ace card. You can ensure your hand if you feel that the dealer has a blackjack. Insurance is a side bet and by opting for it you have the chance to get two times the insurance bet if the dealer gets blackjack. You will lose the money on the side bet if the dealer fails to get blackjack. However, the insurance will not affect the wager you placed at the beginning of the game.
The dealer will check for blackjack if the face-up card for him is 10 or Ace. If all the players fail to get blackjack, the game will continue. Whenever your turn comes, you need to call “hit” if you need another card or Stand to skip drawing the card. When the players are ready with their hands the dealer will show the face-down card. If the hand value is less than 16, another card is drawn and if it is more than 16, the dealer will stand. If you choose to split the card, you will get one more card for each hand and you can opt for a hit or stand according to your strategy. You can use strategy charts and mobile apps to learn and use the strategies in your blackjack online game. This will surely help the player to have some winning edge over the house.
Blackjack games were made available on online casinos for the first time in the 1990s. Today millions of players from different parts of the world access the thousands of online gaming sites to play Blackjack. They are now available in different formats with different betting options. They can also give a tough challenge to different skill levels. If you are a player from India, you can find high-quality games or live blackjack games according to your preferences from the best sites in India. If you are lucky and you are good at game strategies, you can win good money by playing online.
Blackjack Game Variations
Online casinos offer exciting variations of the classic blackjack table game for the Indian players. Here is a list of some of the popular variations.
- American Blackjack: This variant is highly user friendly and allows the player the chance to win double the bet money.
- Multi-Hand Blackjack: The player will be able to play with unlimited hands and hence has a better chance of winning.
- High-Limit Blackjack: This is a high adrenaline game where the player can win big money even when the house edge is very small.
- Double Attack: This is the perfect choice for those who are looking for a change from the classic game rules. The player advantageous rules, side bet options, 8 Spanish card decks and high payouts make the game more interesting.
- Blackjack: Switch- in this game, the dealer has two hands instead of one. The players can switch their cards on top to get a blackjack. If the players land a blackjack after switching, then they are eligible for a 1:1 payout instead of 3:2. If the dealer or croupier gets 22 the game is considered as a push, till the player gets a blackjack without switching the cards.
- Super Fun 21: This variant of the game is unique as it combines the rules of the classic game with some rules specific to the super fun 21.
- Speed Blackjack: In this variation, the players need to make a decision about the game simultaneously and not consecutively. This is a live blackjack variation.
Why Play Online Blackjack?
Blackjack is legally played in some casinos in Goa in India. Any person living in other states should depend on online casinos to experience and enjoy this game of gamble. You just need a PC or mobile device and a good internet connection to play the game online. You just need to find a reputable site and join the blackjack game and make a deposit to play the game. Most of the sites offer a welcome bonus to the newly joined players that will allow them to play the game without spending too much money.
The game interface offered by online casinos are usually user friendly and the player will be able to see the cards, card values and dealer cards on their device screen. Pop-up buttons like double, hit and stand help the player to select their strategies. Sites that offer tournaments are also available and they come with attractive bonuses and jackpots for the players. Select online sites offering convenient money deposit methods in India.
Tips for Playing Blackjack
You can make your online blackjack sessions more enjoyable and profitable by following the tips given below.
- You Can Opt for Hit When the Dealer’s Card Is
- 7 through to 10 or Ace and your hand value is between 8 and 12.
- Ace and your hand value is 11.
- 10 and your hand value is also 10.
- 7, 8 or 9 and your hand value is 9.
- You Can Opt for Stand
- If your hand value is 17 and above.
- If the dealer card is 6 or less and your hand total is 13 and above.
- If your cards are splittable pair of face cards.
- You Can Opt for Double
- When your hand value is 10(not applicable when the dealer card is ace or 10).
- If your hand value is 11(not applicable when the dealer has an Ace).
- When your hand value is 9 and the dealer card is 3, 4, 5 or 6.
- You Can Opt for Split
- If you have Ace (only if the rules allow).
- When you have 8s.
- When the dealer card is 4 through to 7(split only the 2s and 3s).
- If the dealer card has a value of 6 or below (split only 6s and 7s).
You should never think of “Hit” if your hand is 17 or above, as there are chances of you getting busted.
How to Select Casinos?
You need to find sites that offer different variations of the game, easy deposit and withdrawal methods. Choosing ones that offer an attractive welcome bonus is crucial for all newbie players. You need to spend some time researching to find the best sites. Go for sites that offer modern and profitable games. You may have to try different versions to find out which is the most convenient and easiest one for you.
You can select sites that offer a blackjack game for free to get a feel of the game before opting for real money play. You will be able to familiarize with the rules and develop your game strategies by playing these free online games. If you are interested in real money games, you can find sites in India accepting UPI, Paytm, Google Pay, Phone Pe, Net Banking, VISA Card, MasterCard and cryptocurrency to make deposits. You can look for the ratings of the casinos. Select sites that offer good security and customer support to the players.
Live Blackjack Games
If you are looking for a blackjack game experience just like that in a real-life casino then you should opt for the live blackjack games online. Live gaming will give you the excitement of real-time gaming as the players will be able to take part in the game through a video connection operated by the site. There will be a real dealer at the table handling cards. The players will be able to communicate between them and directly with the dealer through the chat facility. The live games also offer special bonuses specifically designed for each site. The sites using the Random Number Generator are preferred by experienced players as they ensure fair play by randomizing the card drawings.
The Final Word
Do you love to play Blackjack classic titles online? Do not know where to start or find the gaming websites that accept the Indian gamblers? Well, go through the online gaming forums on the internet to find out the sites that accept the Indian players. A thorough research on popular search engines will provide you with details of the casinos that welcome subcontinent bettors. Many gaming houses online allow you to play real money titles using Indian Rupees as well. With a wide array of titles, special offers for the Indian gamblers, attractive bonuses, there is no better time to gamble than now.