A Guide to Playing Teen Patti
If you are a card game lover, you will love Teen Patti too. You can engage in this immersive game in a top-notch online casino.
Teen Patti is also known as Flash or Flush. It is one of the most popular card games played in India. The game resembles western poker. This game was introduced in the 1970s. It was played in the evening for entertainment. People gathered together to play this in the evening.
The card game has a strong historical background and continues to world Indian card game scene even today. With the recent advancements in technology and smartphones, players will now be able to enjoy these games on their mobile devices.
In case you are new to this game, keep reading to know more about Teen Patti.
What Is Teen Patti?
Teen Patti is the Indian version of poker. Indians love to play it. It originated in India and then became popular in Southeast Asia. The card game is a twist on 3-card poker. It is just like 3-card bragging that is popular in the United Kingdom.
In this game, the player that has the best combination of the card in his hand is going to win the game. Teen Patti is highly competitive and is widely played across several online casinos.
How to Play Teen Patti?
Your objective in a Teen Patti game is to bet on the highest-ranking hand. It means that the punter with the best three-card hand is going to win the game. This is the reason it is also sometimes known as ‘Three Cards’.
So, before you start playing this game, you have to decide on the value of the minimum bet. All players have to place the minimum bet in a pot that is placed for collecting money at the table’s centre. This pot of money is won by one of the participants. The dealer is going to deal out the cards until every player has 3 cards. The punters then have to be on the best three cards. Each of them will have the option to check their three-card hand prior to placing the bets. This is called playing seen. Or they leave the cards on the table and this is called playing blind.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to play the game.
- The dealer will hand out 3 cards to each player on the table. Now, the punters will have to place the cards face down on the table. Remember, the cards have to be kept in an anti-clockwise direction.
- As soon as the cards have been dealt out, it is time to start playing. The bet starts in an anti-clockwise direction. Decide on a move based on the hand you have received.
- As the pot value starts growing, players can keep adding to it or can fold to leave the game. This is going to continue until there are only two players on the table.
- In the final showdown, the two remaining players are going to reveal their hands. The player with the highest-ranking is going to claim the pot.
- When a hand is complete, the winner is going to take over the dealer’s duty and will deal other players back in. you will be surprised to know that there is no limit on how long Teen Patti online games can last. Usually, it ends when the players run out of money.
What Are the Rules to Play Teen Patti in an Online Casino?
There are a few rules that you need to keep in mind when you are playing this card game. Let’s take a look at them.
- This is a card game involving 3-7 players and is played with a 52-card deck without jokers.
- 3 cards facing down will be distributed to all punters.
- Betting will start with the player sitting on the left and move to the dealer after the card has been distributed.
- Players act as per their strength of cards they have received.
The Ranking of the Hands
The ranking of the hands from higher or lower value has been given below.
- Trail or Trio: 3 cards of the same rank. 3 twos have the lowest value while 3 aces have the highest value.
- Straight Run: This is receiving 3 consecutive cards that belong to the same suite. Punters can be used for forming consecutive card values such as A-2-3. This is the highest straight run. Following this is A-K-Q, K-Q-J, and so on and so forth. The lowest card sequence is 4-3-2. Remember, 2-A-K is not valid.
- Normal Run: The hand contains 3 subsequent cards from the same suit. The best normal run is A-K-Q, K-Q-J, and it continues in the same way. Again, 2-A-K isn’t a valid run.
- Colour: Any of the 3 cards belonging to the same suit is called a colour hand. When you are comparing colour, you have to compare the highest card; when these are equal you should compare the second; in case these are also too equal, you need to compare the lowest.
- Pair: This is a hand with two cards with the same rank. When there are two such hands, you need to compare the two pairs and then the odd card when they are equal. The lowest pair is 2-2-3 and the highest pair is A-A-K.
- High Card: 3 cards that don’t belong to the above mentioned groups. So, you need to first compare the highest value card. Then the second-lowest, and then the lowest. A-K-J is the best hand of this type, while the worst is 5-3-2.
Terminologies Related to Teen Patti
Before you start playing, you need to know terminologies. Let’s take a look at these terminologies.
- Chaal: It is the amount you have to pay when you are playing simply by looking at the card. The move is determined by 2 components, call or raise. The former is going to match the bet that is highest while raise will augment the last high bet. Every punter needs to place a stake amount that is more than the last punter’s hand. In case the bet has been rising, it is going to become the new bet. Usually, the raise is limited to double the punter’s amount. Moreover, the bet needs to be even in number. So, it should be 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, etc. particularly when there is a blind player.
- Side Pot: It is shown between 2 punters who have taken a look at the cards. The first punter can request for the second who have gambled last to have a side pot or simply compromise. However, it is only viable when the second player is accepting the request. In case the made request doesn’t get approved, the first punter has to pay funds equal to the previous punter’s stake amount. But if the request is approved the one requesting for it is going to receive a stronger hand while the punter accepts folds. Moreover, if there is a tie, the player that is requesting the side pot needs to fold.
- Blind: A Teen Patti player can decide to play with or without looking at his card. The latter process is called ‘playing blind’. This is where the player is going to leave the card facing down. If you choose to play blind, you just have to pay half the amount of what the other player is paying when he plans to look at the card. Remember, playing blind will come with limitations based on the pot size.
- Show: This will happen when the game is all set to end and there are only two players on the table. Both players have to show the cards they have received so that the winner can be declared. Nevertheless, this isn’t mutual. In case one of the punters decides on showing the card, the other punter is obliged to. In case not, the game is going to continue. Prior to showing his hand, your opponent needs to pay money that is the same as the previous bet. In case not, he has the option to fold.
- Ante: This is also known as boot. The equal chips or money that each participant has to pay in the game before the cards are dealt with. It is the minimum wager that is defined in the game. Boot or Ante can also be the one big amount paid by a player in an anticlockwise manner.
- Post: If the player is temporarily away and cannot be a part of the ante, he needs to ‘post’ in order to be a part of the game once again. It is simply done by paying the ante applicable to the following hand that the punter is going to participate in. for fair play, just one missed ante will be accumulated per playing and it is going to dismiss the old ones.
- Loose and Tight Play: It is the tendency of punters to bet beyond the first round or simply fold. When it is a tight play, the punter folds weak hands, while when it is a loose play, punters are going to bet more on the weak hands. This accelerates a showdown.
- Seen: A punter who places the bet after checking his card is called a seen player. This is just the opposite of blind. In this, the punter will have to bet double the amount of the blind punter in order to stay in the game.
- Fold: If a player wants, he can decide to fold if he thinks he doesn’t have a good hand and would like to quit.
- Pot: This is the accumulated ante place at the table’s centre. You should not take it as a pot in a literal sense.
How to Place Bet in Teen Patti Real Cash Game?
Once the cards have been dealt, the punters start to bet. The punter sitting on the right of the dealer is going to start betting and is followed by the others. Each punter has the option to choose from one of the two options.
- Decide to bet an extra bet into the pot and be a part of the game.
- Pay no money and fold while giving up everything which is collected in the pot.
In case a punter is choosing an additional take, check out the options.
- The blind punter has to insert an amount that is equal to the present stake and does not exceed double of the same. The fund that is going to be the present bet for the punter that follows.
- The punter has to put in a minimum of double the present stake but this should not be more than 4 times the same amount. Half the amount is the present bet for the player that follows.
- If a blind player wants they can check their card during their turn. From thereon, they are going to be known as seen players. They have to bet a minimum of double of the present bet. The punters can also fold.
The betting round in the game is unlimited. Its last round has 2 players who decide on cards to play, eventually. The punter having the highest-ranking will win. Nevertheless, a winner can be decided on when a punter decides to fold.
Online Teen Patti is only a digital version of a conventional Teen Patti game. So, the gameplay and the rules are the same. However, the only difference is you will not get to fix the location or time to play with your close ones.
With the progress of technology and the advent of the internet, you can now choose to play Teen Patti in your own time and that too from the comfort of your home. However, make sure that you are choosing a licensed and regulated online casino. It should be a reputed one.
The exciting game has taken the online gambling world by storm. Online casinos are allowing players to access the digital version on your desktop or phone.